The NLRB is transitioning FOIA processing from FOIAOnline to SecureRelease
What you need to know:
- The NLRB has procured SecureRelease as its successor FOIA processing system, replacing FOIAOnline. The NLRB is working to ensure a seamless transition from FOIAOnline to SecureRelease.
- Members of the public who wish to submit a FOIA request may continue to do so through FOIA.gov or through the SecureRelease portal as of October 1, 2023 at 9:00 am EDT. Please note that FOIAOnline will no longer be accessible to the public as of September 30, 2023. For more information on the decommissioning of FOIAOnline, please see this FAQ.
- The NLRB is committed to transparency, and the data migration of records previously released to the public via FOIAOnline is currently in process. That data will be available online in the new fiscal year.
- This page will be updated as additional information becomes available.
- I have a pending FOIA request, how will it be released?
- If it is processed before September 30th, it will be released through FOIAOnline. Otherwise, it will be released via SecureRelease.
- The FOIA information doesn’t appear on case pages anymore. Will it return?
- Data migration of records previously released to the public via FOIAOnline is currently in process. That data will be available online in the new fiscal year.
- Where will the records previously released from FOIAOnline be available?
- We expect the records to be uploaded to SecureRelease in the new fiscal year.
- Will I be able to see records that have been released to others in SecureRelease?
- We are working with SecureRelease to implement a public reading room, which will be launched in the new fiscal year.
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. § 552, requires federal agencies, such as the NLRB, to disclose releasable records or to withhold exempt records or information in response to a written request. Agencies may withhold records if the records are protected from disclosure by one of nine specific exemptions of the FOIA.
Before filing a FOIA request for records, please visit our FOIA E-Library to see what NLRB records are available on our Agency’s web site. If you are still in need of the record, you may file a FOIA request by:
NLRB FOIA Branch
1015 Half Street SE
Washington, DC 20570
|Fax:||(202) 273-FOIA (3642)|