How to File a FOIA Request
The NLRB uses FOIAonline to receive, process, and manage FOIA requests. With FOIAonline, you can submit FOIA requests online and track the status of requests.
Before you submit a request for records, please visit our FOIA E-Library and/or FOIAonline to see if the records you seek are available. If they are not and you would like to submit a request for information, here are the ways you can submit a FOIA request:
- E file your request via FOIAonline. *Filing via FOIAonline is the preferred method for processing your FOIA request.
- Mail. You can send a written request by mail to the FOIA Officer, NLRB FOIA Branch 1015 Half Street SE, 4th Floor Washington, DC 20570
- Facsimile. You can submit your FOIA request to the FOIA Branch fax number at (202) 273-FOIA (3642)
A FOIA request should include:
- Your contact information (full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address).
- Detailed description of the records you seek. Please include NLRB case names and/or numbers if applicable.
- Fee amount you are willing to assume for processing your FOIA request.
For more detailed information, please see the FOIA Reference Guide.